About the Job
If you are a seasoned systems specialist in the physical security industry and have the chops to do the IT work underpinning security systems, as well as hardware/field device experience, we want to meet you.
Secuni is looking for a full-time senior engineer to manage the onsite service team for one of our large New Jersey-area clients.
We are trusted by large companies to install and maintain the physical security systems at their facilities. These systems include video surveillance and intercom devices, building access control equipment, software to integrate the hardware, and various other components. We embed service teams at our largest clients’ facilities, and each team’s service lead is absolutely vital to the success of the effort.
- Work directly with the client’s Site Manager to develop a substantial and sustainable business relationship. This means coordinating schedules, aligning expectations, maximizing responsiveness, and proactively taking ownership of the client’s service needs.
- Troubleshoot and repair servers and server applications, working with the client to determine root causes.
- Update various deployed applications, and test new applications for future deployment.
- Develop processes and procedures to accommodate the ever-evolving partnership with the client.
- Train more junior field engineers.
- Collaborate with our sales team to ensure the active and proposed projects meet your site’s security standards.
- Coordinate with other trades who are involved in the overall maintenance.
- Maintain maintenance logs and inventory of commonly used service parts.
- Enter timely and accurate service & time-billing data into our work order system.
The compensation is very competitive, with PTO/health/life/dental/vision benefits and a 401(k) company match that is remarkably high. We do this very intentionally, so team members tend to stay with us a long time. This has meant low turnover on the team, and opportunities for team members to move into roles with more responsibility. We train well, and provide a company vehicle.
- Minimum of five years of experience in physical security systems, with evidence of increasing responsibilities.
- Substantial experience and expertise with computers and IP networking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to drive, work with hand tools, and utilize ladders and power tools.
- Comfortable when occasionally working at elevated heights.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving safety record.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate industry safety certifications.
- Dependable, and ready to ask questions.
$45+ per hour, plus health insurance, dental & vision benefits, life insurance, and a 401(k) company match of up to 10.5% of salary.
We are a technology integration firm that solves physical security problems, primarily for industrial and commercial firms, schools, and brand-centric organizations in the greater New Jersey area and beyond. Secuni specializes in physical security technology like video cameras, access control, and the software to connect everything.
To apply for this position, send your resume to email@example.com.