About the Job
If you are an early-career engineering graduate with CAD skills and an interest in low-voltage systems, we want to hear from you.
Secuni, a fast-growing security technology integrator based in New Jersey, has an immediate opening for a New Jersey-based Project Engineer.
Physical security is a multi-disciplinary trade that combines video surveillance and intercom devices, building access control equipment, low voltage electrical systems, with software and networking to tie everything together.
Secuni takes care of its people and works hard to ensure the work environment, while fast paced, is also fun and challenging. This has meant low turnover and high morale within each of our small teams.
The compensation is highly competitive, with PTO/health/life/dental/vision benefits and a 401(k) company match that is remarkably high. We do this very intentionally, so Project Engineers tend to stay with us a long time. We train well and provide a company vehicle when necessary.
Many of our customers are educational facilities, so you’ll need to work occasional evenings to accommodate their schedule.
- Designing, configuring, and implementing security projects assigned to your team.
- Provide written and/or verbal daily updates to the project manager.
- Collaborate on-site with field technicians to troubleshoot when project challenges arise.
- Communicate with the client to provide updates when needed.
- Capable of using hand tools (multimeter, cutters, crimpers, etc.).
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, or commensurate work experience.
- Solid CAD skills.
- Understanding of computer networking, with configuration/programming a plus.
- Low-voltage systems installation experience is a big plus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to use hand tools with low-voltage cabling and electronic devices.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving safety record.
- Ability to obtain and maintain appropriate industry safety certifications.
- Comfortable when occasionally working at elevated heights.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Dependable, and ready to ask questions.
$30-$40 per hour commensurate with experience, plus extensive benefits.
We are a technology integration firm that solves physical security problems, primarily for industrial and commercial firms, schools, and brand-centric organizations in the greater New Jersey area and beyond. Secuni specializes in physical security technology like video cameras, access control, and the software to connect everything.
To apply for this position, please complete the below form.